A crêpe or crepe is a type of very thin pancake-like pastry. In this tutorial, I want to show you how to make and roll up the crepes into perfect cone shape.
I made 15cm (6inch) crêpes to make 7cm (3inch) cone-shaped crepes. Then wrapped with 15cm (6inch) Wax Paper. Perfect for toddlers to hold in their hands! You can of course make them larger!
I used 15cm (6inch) Wax Paper like these:
How to Make Kawaii Harajuku Crepes
Number of servings: 6~7 15cm (6inch) crêpes
Use 12oz. measuring cup
50g (about 5 tbsp.) cake flour
1 tsp. granulated sugar
a pinch of salt
1 egg *room temperature
1 tbsp. melted butter
125ml (1/2 cup) warm milk
a few drops vanilla extract *if you like
#1 banana and chocolate sauce
#2 strawberries and strawberry sauce
#3 blueberries and blueberry sauce
1. Sift in flour in a bowl. Add sugar and salt, then mix well with a wire whisk.
2. Add beaten egg little by little and mix well.
3. Add melted butter and mix well.
4. Add warm milk little by little and mix well. Mix in a few drops vanilla extract if you like. Then cover with plastic wrap and leave the batter to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
5. Use a nonstick pan, or wipe the surface of the frying pan with a thin layer of cooking oil using a paper towel. Heat the pan on medium, pour the batter into the pan, slowly move the pan in a circular motion to spread the batter evenly.
6. Cook until the edges begin to dry, then flip it over and cook the other side for about 10 seconds.
7. Leave them to cool completely.
8. Place the filling (1/6 of a crepe shell) then wrap into a cone shape (see the video).
9. Use a cute wax paper to wrap the crepe (see the video).
YES! You can make them a day (night) before. Keep them in the fridge. The cream will set nicely and easy to eat in this way. Of course eating them as soon as you can is better.
♥FOLLOW ME HERE♥
♥My COOKBOOK available on Amazon Kindle♥
NO MORE hard copies… those who got one are lucky!
♥More Written Recipes are on my BLOG♥
♥My Recipe Posts in Japanese♥
♥and of course PLEASE SUBSCRIBE♥